It's Friday. thank goodness. Soooo I realize I haven't posted, like, at all in the last month basically. BUT I have been traveling quite a bit for work. I was in Atlanta, then Vegas this week, and with another trip on the books for next week, I've been kinda busy. So.. there's my excuse. I'm hoping to relax a bit this weekend and catch up on everything I've been missing, including my daily blog reads (I'm looking at you I Suwannee, A Piece of Toast, Note to Self, One Fine Day etc etc etc). Also, a couple of things I'm obsessed with right now that you should be too: 1) The Great Gatsby - I saw it last weekend, and say what you will about the storyline, acting, whatever - I couldn't get past the gorgeous art direction with the dreamy sets, costumes, everything. loved it. 2) The Office series finale *tear* - so weird for something I've known and loved for 9 years to be over.
Anyway, that's my rambling "sorry-I've-been-MIA" post. I sincerely hope to be back to posting regularly because I miss this. You guys are awesome.
so... where did April go? obviously it wasn't on this blog (see: lack of posts). Well, it's May and I'm here so Happy Wednesday!
1. If you're as excited as I am about The Great Gatsby coming out on May 10, you're probably just as excited about the bad-A soundtrack, curated by Jay-Z, that's coming with it.
2. Rifle Paper Co. gets it right again with this cheeky Do or Die notepad from Design Darling.
3. I saw a girl wearing these Splendid Chambray shorts in J.Crew the other day, and I haven't stopped thinking about them since. Is it weird that I've been thinking about shorts for the last 2 days?
4. I think I need these Rio De Janiero Earrings from Biscuit Home in the spirit of Cinco de Mayo this Sunday.
5. I've never really been a hat person, but this Contrast Woven Straw Fedora might need to make an appearance in my summer wardrobe. Plus, it's like way cheap so no regrets.
I'm kind of obsessed with this black-walled study in fashion designer Jenni Kayne's home, as featured in Architectural Digest. The color of the walls is striking, yet not overpowering, and I love the laid back feel of the decor. One of my favorite things in design is when a room can look high-end but relaxed. Check out my picks for how to create this look.
happy friday, you guys! Really pumped to be heading home to Enid, Oklahoma this weekend for my cousin's wedding! Cross your fingers for on-time flights today because as soon as I land from San Diego I'm hopping in the car to hit up the rehearsal dinner. I haven't been home since Christmas, and I'm seriously excited to get back. I've been a little homesick lately for whatever reason, and I'm thinking some time with the fam is just what I need. Hope you all have some time to enjoy this weekend, and hopefully we'll all be graced with some lovely spring weather!
It's hard for me to find anything wrong with actress Elizabeth Olsen's lovely style. The sister of Mary Kate and Ashley has amazing taste, and (dare I say it?) might even have better style than her older siblings.She has that tomboy chic thing down to a tee, and I love that everything she does is so laid-back, yet elegant. Not to mention, she's extremely talented and down-to-earth, as I've said before after seeing her performance in Liberal Arts. Check it.
1. I'm obsessed with this new-to-me San Francisco brand, Buy Me Brunch, and this cheeky tee is going to be a necessary addition to my weekend wardrobe.
2. Kate Spade can basically do no wrong, and I'm sure their new perfume, Live Colorfully, is no exception.
3. April showers bring May flowers... or something. aka I need this Madewell Rainy-Day Umbrella.
4. This My Junk Lissa Pouch from Rebecca Minkoff is perfect for your carry-on or tote bag.
5. Furbish really just has the best things, and I think this Husband Quote Print is interesting and gallery wall worthy.