One of my absolute favorite websites is The Everygirl. They post amazing features on living, health, finance, fashion, and career, and I find it all extremely relevant and inspiring. They were also named one of Forbes' Top 10 Sites for Millennial Women, and with good reason. Several times a week, they feature amazing women who have succeeded in different aspects of several industries. During interviews with these women, The Everygirl always asks, "What advice would you give your 23-year-old self?" This is one of my favorite parts of the columns because, being a 23-year-old, I find it inspiring to hear what wisdom these women would give to themselves when they were just starting out. I have compiled a few of my favorite answers to give a little inspiration, and who knows - maybe in 10 years I'll have the same things to say to my 23-year-old self.
I know it's September and we're all feeling very lovey dovey towards
fall (most of all, me), but I can't get over some of these gorgeous looks for spring from
the latest NY Fashion Week. Check out my favorite looks from J. Crew and Kate Spade for the upcoming season.
1. I'm a Harry Potter nerd, so obviously I'm interested to see what J.K. Rowling's new book, The Casual Vacancy, is like. I'm sure it will not disappoint.
2. Mumford & Sons has a new album, Babel. Need I say more?
3. SERIOUSLY OBSESSED with this new ceramic owl speaker from West Elm. How perfect would this be sitting on your desk playing music? It plugs right into your iPod! I can't get over it.
4. How cute would these Sisters of Los Angeles beach glasses be on a bar cart?
5. I really do need new boots for the fall/winter, and I'm kind of loving the shortened version of
J. Crew's classic Booker buckle boot.
There's a lot of really great new (and old) music out lately, so I thought I would share some of it and post a little playlist of what I've been listening to lately. Click here to listen to it on Spotify.
Happy Wishlist Wednesday! I decided to switch it up a little bit and give WW a new look! Let me know what you think!
1. I've wanted a pair of Staffordshire dogs for a while now, and this darling black pair from Furbish might just do the trick.
2. While on my trip, I read Gillian Flynn's first 2 novels, Sharp Objects and Dark Places, and now I'm dying to read Gone Girl. I've never been one for suspense novels but I really enjoy Flynn's writing.
3. This Big Check Throw Pillow from High Street Market would be a perfect accent to almost any room.
4. Is it too early to be wishing for 2013 calendars? If it is I don't really care because this 2013 Cities Calendar from Rifle Paper Co. is freaking adorable.
5. Seriously obsessed with this Letterman Sweater-Jacket from Madewell. It's so appropriate for the back to school season and I have a feeling I would wear it every single day.
PS: I got the idea for my new WW format from the adorable blog, Pugly Pixel. It's a great resource, you should check it out!
I'm finally home from my lovely little trip, and boy, is it nice to be back. I'll have a recap of the trip up later this week, as well as some other delightful posts.
I love this picture of Christy Turlington from Vogue, September 1989. She just looks so gorgeous and cool, and it is the definition of classic. I wish I were wearing this whole ensemble right this second.
Heading off on another trip today! I'm fortunate enough to have a job that involves some fun travel opportunities so I'm off to LA for a few days and then Miami for a hospitality tradeshow. Can't wait to share pics and stories of what I see over the next week when I get back!