I make a new playlist at the beginning of every month, and also one that sums up the entire season. I love being able to go back and listen to an old playlist from a specific time and remember what was happening in my life at the time when those were my favorite songs. Here's my playlist for Summer 2014, and cheers to the good memories that will be made while listening to it. Listen to it on spotify here.
1. You can seriously never go wrong with a Kate Spade watch - and this 'metro' geo print leather strap watch is no exception.
2. This 'Dope' framed art from Furbish studio is just really, well, dope.
3. Not really sure how I've made it this far in life without this beautiful carry-on STELA 9 bag by Isabel Sunday.
4. I pretty much exclusively wear stud earrings, but sometimes they can be a bit plain. These Montezuma studs from Bauble Bar stay true to that style but add a little extra interest.
5. Sometimes I need just a little more motivation than what coffee can give me, and this 'time to get stuff done' mug from click & blossom would be pretty helpful in the mornings.
So I'm finally attempting to transition my bedroom from 'college' to 'post-grad' ... 3 years later. Better late than never. My first project is to switch out my bedding. I currently have a colorful Anthropologie quilt that I still really like, but it's time for something a little more sophisticated. Check out a few of my inspiration images for what I want to do with my bedding below - as you can see I'm moving towards all white sheets + duvet with a punch of colorful or patterned pillows. Hopefully I'll have some photos of my actual new bedding in a couple of weeks.
1. For whatever reason, I currently have an Academic calendar Maybooks planner.. and they don't make an academic planner anymore.. but I'm pretty much married to having an academic planner now because that's what I currently use (drama). Luckily Kate Spade has this pretty 17-month agenda so problem solved.
2. I've been looking for a new eyeshadow palette, and this NARSissist palette might just take the cake. Yeah, it's pretty pricey, but it's NARS so you know it's good.
3. I had a similar pair to these sunglasses last year from C.Wonder, and they pretty much broke before summer was over. I'm hoping these Top-Bar Aviator Shades from Madewell will hold up a little better.
4. Loving this Shabba Toothbrush Holder from NastyGal to add a little bling and humor to my bathroom.
5. Excited for this new book on denim by designer duo Emily Current and Meritt Elliott - perfect addition to any coffee table book collection.
It's no secret that I think Michelle Adams, editor-in-chief of Domino magazine, is pretty freaking cool. I've professed my love for her here and here, and she's also the reason I was featured in Lonny that one time. Last week, she and her drop-dead-gorgeous closet were featured on another favorite blog, The Coveteur. Check out a few of my favorite shots from her beautifully curated bedroom and wardrobe.